Monday 4 February 2013

Race is looming

Yes the best way to keep yourself motivated to run is to have a race in the offing.  In this case the Market Rasen 10k this Sunday coming.  It was rescheduled after being cancelled at the end of November due to the hideous storms.  So there it is.  10am I'll be lining up with all the other maniacs (I mean runners) and wondering 'Why O why am I doing this?'.  Of course I know why I'll be doing it - I love it!

So last week I went a bit crazy and did the Croxby Crawl on two occasions and then did The Sting on Saturday. My poor calves and knees after all those hills.  For those not familiar with the Croxby Crawl, think rollercoaster and you might have some appreciation of the route.  As for Caistor's 'Sting in the Tail' - simply run for 5 miles and then just when you feel you can hardly get through the final mile add two killer hills.  Nice. Not.

I think I deserve to treat myself to a leg message.  The old pins need to be in tip-top form.

When I recall the Croxby Crawl there's a near vertical incline at the end called (imaginatively) Heartbreak Hill.  Last time we approached it we passed a group of shooters plus dogs and sundry hangers-on. 'Mornin'  Mornin'' we chirped and then merrily pranced past.  To which I hissed to my pal 'Oh no! We can't walk up it now' and then had to drag ourselves up it regardless.  Oh the agony!


No comments:

Post a Comment