Thursday 28 March 2013

From bad to worse

So the half marathon is cancelled til March 2014.  Yerk!  I suppose it's all very well, the weather is just not conducive to running especially on roads that are still covered in ice and haven't been closed to traffic. I don't fancy my chances against a Seddon Atkinson.

Apart from that I seem to have lost the plot completely.  Firstly I appear to be trying to scoff my entire bodyweight in chocolate cake and secondly I have a horrendous cold. Both of which are detrimental to running.  In fact I can't see me ever getting out again.  Could this be the end of my short-lived running career? Surely not.  I think I may have to do something completely radical i.e. join the nutters (mostly male, obviously) at the running club on Saturday morn for the horror-that-is the 6 Peaks Challenge.  Yes it's every bit as horrendous as it sounds.  It could be kill or cure but frankly I need to do something radical.  The Lincoln 10k is looming on 7th April.



No comments:

Post a Comment