Friday 29 June 2012

So what have I been up to?

Yes indeed.  Well on Saturday 23 June I went running with the club.  It was so supposed to be a 'gentle' one but believe me it felt BAAAAADDD.  Talk about concrete boots.  It just felt very hard so I did my best to keep up and in the end we had done about 5 miles.

On Monday 25 June I did the Croxby Crawl which is 4.4 miles of hilly hell.  And guess what?  I did it all with NO walking.  Yay! Woo Hoo.  I was very pleased with myself.  Of course we are down to two from four on account of the two knees.  Still the two of us were feeling very smug at doing that route.

On Wed 27 June  one of the knees came running with me and oh no, the knee played up and reduced her to a walk which was so frustrating for her. So looks like it needs a bit more TLC.  So annoying for her as she has the Great North Run  in her sights.

And today I decided to try out my new trail shoes and hit the fields.  Verdict:  Yes I think they are going to be very useful.  Nice fit, lightweight, waterproof.  Watch this space...


No comments:

Post a Comment