Sunday 24 June 2012

Soaked to the skin

Decided that I needed to do a morning run on Thursday 21 June.  That's if I want to stay on schedule re training etc.  Of course the weather had other ideas.  There's rain and there's a monsoon.  And the only Monsoon  I'm interested in is this one Monsoon.  Ooh what pretty frocks!  If only I could lose a bit of weight and get back into mine.  But I digress.  Yes it was pouring down but off I went all the same and decided to do a short i.e. 2.5 to 3 miles with alternate kms at a faster pace.

It was great.  Yes I was soaked to the skin but what the heck. It's good to see that you can cope in the rain because you never know what the conditions will be like on your race day anyway.  I didn't dissolve.  Took yonks to dry out my trainers though.


No comments:

Post a Comment