Thursday 5 July 2012

Mud Runner

Well today was a disaster.  Started off badly in that I had to run in glasses due to my sore eye and that's always a bad thing i.e. Eric Morecambe- style poking up of the bridge of the specs every 5 mins.  Then I went off around the corner of the house, with my head down,  trying to zip my iPod into my waist belt and walked straight into the postman.  It gave me such a fright that I screamed my head off.    To which he replied "I always have that effect on people".

It was a really hot humid day when I had expected it to be a cool rainy one.  Consequently running felt like very hard work and I'd only just started.  I wanted to do 7 miles so as to keep up my weekly mileage.  Off I ran up the farm lane and across a footpath across a field.  All good.  Next footpath was overgrown so I had to slow to a walk.  The next field has a bull in it.  Now I know my running has improved but I'm not taking him on. No sirree!  So I had to walk round the field and it was waist-high in grass and thistles and nettles and I was wearing shorts. Owch.  Then I tried to run again but the ground was muddy and slidey and everytime I took a step I slid sideways or backwards so it was twice as hard as it should have been.

In a nutshell I did 7 miles of running/walking/sliding/leaping and at the end I was one big sweaty, muddy mess.  What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment