Thursday 26 July 2012

Back with a vengeance

I had a most enjoyable short break in France.  The only downside being that I went ten days without running and boy is that a mistake!  Not that the break was ten days of course.  If only.  No it's just that what with all the organising pre-hol and all the exhaustion afterwards, I just didn't get the chance.  The result was that I ran with the club last Thursday and it felt soooooo hard. Then I ran with the club on Saturday morn and that also felt very hard.  On Monday I ran 4.5 miles on a very hot morning and on a hilly trail route.  It's most dispiriting to feel you are going backwards when I need to be going forwards with my mileage.  Anyway, the upside is that last night I decided to do a bit of speed training so I did a 1 mile warm up followed by 3 lots of 0.5 mile fast, 0.5 mile recovery.  Although it felt quite challenging it was OK and I felt pretty good about myself afterwards.  I also used my heart rate monitor for the first time though I'm not entirely sure what the results prove!

So I'm back into it and I'm not going to let it beat me.  You read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment