Monday 24 September 2012

Guilty as charged

I'm afraid I didn't do much running last week.  I was all set for the big one on Friday but when the day dawned it was absolutely throwing it down.  I waited to see if it would abate but instead it got more and more torrential.  Now I know that it might very well rain on my race day.  Plus I have run in the rain in the past and don't really mind it (except for trying to dry out trainers later).  But this time I couldn't face two hours of saturation.  The downside is that I had already scoffed a pre-run Snickers in anticipation.  What a gut! Now it sat there inside me, fattening me up.  I have to admit I felt very guilty all day knowing I hadn't done the run.

Anyway, out today bright and early with a friend and  5 miles in the bag.  Let's hope it stays dry this Friday...


No comments:

Post a Comment