Friday 31 January 2014

Hippy hippy shake

I didn't mention it before but I did have a bit of pain in my right hip flexor during the race on Sunday.  Started at 3 miles in and persisted.  That's the thing that you notice when you lift your leg up.  Last time I had that trouble was after my first half marathon and it lasted for a few weeks. Pretty painful the next day so I emailed my sports therapist who very kindly sent me a load of exercises.  Compensating for torturing me with sports massage of course! Anyway I went swimming on Mon eve and on Tues it was miles better.  On Wed I did a 30 min interval run and no problem.  On Thurs eve I ran with the club and we were doing hill repeats.  So after two repeats the pain was back.  Groan.  Obviously its the extra effort of going uphill. So today I went for a long walk and now it has gone off again.  So will it reappear tomorrow on a 7 mile run with the club?  I hope not.  Maybe I will just stuff myself with cake afterwards and ignore it. Otherwise it will have to be a trip to Mick the Marmaliser to batter it out. Yerk.


No comments:

Post a Comment