Wednesday 5 February 2014

Keep right on to the end of the road...

Oh the horror of the long slow run.  It has to be done.  There's no getting out of it and there's no arguing with it.  15 miles today.  I have to admit I really didn't want to go out.  It's hard enough to clock up the miles but when the wind is blasting away it is so much harder.  Actually it was very sunny and still to start with and it was quite pleasant to be trotting along in the fresh air.  I'd decided to do a circuit from our village to the next via another small town.  Plenty of folks walking dogs and everyone was very sociable.  I'd decided to wear my Stroke Association http://www.justgiving.com/Katy-Hewis vest in the hope that people might cut me a bit of slack by realising I was doing this for a reason. Not sure it worked!

However, it did help me to keep remembering why I'm doing this.  Especially during the times when it gets really tough and I had to do a Mister T on myself - "Cut yo' jibber-jabber.  Don't you think any one of those folks suffering a stroke wouldn't swap places with you in a heartbeat?  Get on with it!"

The hip thingy is still there. And yes it did make a reappearance on the Saturday run.  In fact it was so painful at one point I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to take it seriously.  Next thing I knew it had disappeared completely.  How weird! And then after the run we all stuffed ourselves with sausage buns and cake.  That helped immensely.  Although I did feel a complete gut afterwards.  There's got to be some perks to this running lark.

So I had to do 15 miles today in order to be on track for this 20 mile race on 9 March.  Not that I will be racing it you understand but it's still 20 miles whichever way you look at it! Unbelievable. 

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Tired-Runner-177729096

No comments:

Post a Comment