Thursday 6 March 2014

Wibble wobble

Yikes I'm having a massive wobble at the moment.  Panicking like mad at the thought of the 20 mile race I have ahead of me.  The problem is that I've not had a good couple of weeks.  I did an 18 mile run on Monday 24 Feb and it was - as they say in the Bronx - moyder! No kidding it was tough, tough, tough.  Two 9 mile loops and the last four miles or so were complete torture with me having to get myself through mile by mile with a combination of distraction and bullying.  Needless to say I was worn out completely and had to miss my swimming lesson that night.  Then the next morning I woke up with a sore throat and aching like mad.  In fact I ached ridiculously badly so much so that I was hunched up and limping.  So I had to miss Zumba that night too.  On the Wednesday I still felt battered and decided to spend most of the day basking about on the sofa.  Good call. I also started to take Echinacea tablets in order to try and stave off the cold. 

Thursday I ran with the  Club and felt very pleased with myself as I managed to run up the whole length of a pretty meaty hill and down again. TWICE! Yes you heard me. I've not managed to run up that hill without walking breaks before so you can see what an achievement that was.

I spent a fantastic weekend with my mum and three sisters and had a whale of a time.  A much needed break and sooooooo funny.  What a boost.  And one of the best things is that one of my sisters is following the Couch to 5k programme so we went for a little run on Sunday morn and my youngest sister joined us which was BRILLIANT! And now she is following the programme too.  I'm so impressed by them.

So why the wobble?  Well this week I woke up feeling like the cold is back.  Then I had a killer headache that lasted two days.  Basically I feel worn out and low.  But I think that is to be expected at this stage of the game.  Exactly one month to go today. However, I have found out that on the Paris Marathon route there are firemen (allegedly handsome firemen but we'll see) perched on a ladder across the road cheering on the runners.  So maybe it's not all bad.

Photo from Runners World

No comments:

Post a Comment